How To Obtain A Copy Of Your Tax Returns

October 21, 2016 Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ Columns,Financial Service


If you’re applying for home or student loan you will most likely be asked to submit a copy of the last 3 years of your tax returns. For most this is a simple task but if you lost or replaced your files finding a way to retrieve a copy of these documents can be a challenge.

Honolulu tax preparer Jimmy Huie of 808 Tax, tells us that there’s a simple solution to obtain a copy of your taxes:
“…this is a common request our office assists customers with every day…you can request a copy of tax returns from the I.R.S. online or by mail.”  


To reach the I.R.S. through their website go to and click on “order a transcript” option provided. You can request the documents be mailed to you by calling their toll free number, 800-908-9946, and follow the prompts. Visiting your local office is also an option depending on how quickly you need to receive the papers.